Please read the below general Terms & Conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) applicable to Emperor Cinemas (“Cinema”). By ordering refreshment and/or purchasing a ticket and/or entering the Cinema premises, you agree to be bound by this Terms & Conditions.
Ticketing & Concession
1. Tickets sold are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, cannot be re-sold and void if altered.
2. Please check the transaction amount before payment. Any disputes in the transaction amount discovered thereafter will not be entertained.
3. Child tickets apply to children aged 12 or below only; Senior tickets apply to aged 55 or above only; Student tickets apply to all students with valid student card.
4. E-ticket will be sent to your email and/or member account (if any). Please keep your e-ticket secure and avoid loss or disclose to any unauthorized party. Emperor Cinemas shall not be responsible for any liability or loss.
5. Pre-order refreshments through website or mobile app can be redeemed on movie day only. Please scan e-ticket QR Code at concession counter to pick-up your refreshments. If you have purchased The Coronet ticket, please scan e-ticket QR Code at house entrance to admit directly and your refreshments will be served at your seat.
6. You may be required to produce Proof of Age when purchasing alcoholic beverages*. Emperor Cinemas will refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any person who is underage or cannot produce, upon request, Proof of Age and/or appear to be intoxicated or under the influence of mind-altering substance. (not applicable)
7. A valid Proof of Age* is required for verification purpose when purchasing alcoholic beverages (if applicable). Emperor Cinemas will refuse to serve / sell alcoholic beverages to any person who is underage or failed to present the valid Proof of Age. Emperor Cinemas staff may at their absolute discretion refuse to serve/sell alcoholic beverages to any person who appears to be not suitable to be served/sold with any alcohol; (not applicable)
8. If you cannot attend the show by reason of natural disaster flood, building fire, building power failure, projector or content failure, please bring your tickets to associated Emperor Cinemas concierge for exchange of tickets of the same movie (subject to availability) within 7 days after the date of that movie. No refund is accepted. Emperor Cinemas reserves right to exchange tickets of another movie. This arrangement is not applicable to house booking.
1. For patrons who have purchased more than one seats, please scan the e-ticket QR Code of this transaction once and admit all heads at the same time. If you are admitting separately, please share the e-ticket to your friend(s) and simply let our staff knows the admitting quantity before the scan.
2. Children with height over 90cm (0.9m) meter must hold valid tickets. Each adult can accompany no more than one child with height under 90cm (0.9m) and without occupying any seat.
3. A valid Proof of Age* of the Child or Senior ticket holders is required for verification purpose before admission to the cinema houses.
4. A valid Proof of Studentship* of the Student ticket holders is required for verification purpose before admission to the cinema houses.
5 Category “18” movies are strictly approved for persons who have attained the age of 18 years. A valid Proof of Age* is required for verification before admission to cinema houses showing Category “18” movies. Emperor Cinemas may deny your admission without any refund or compensation if you failed to produce the proof.
* Proof of Age includes Malaysia Identity Card and Senior Citizen Card. Proof of Studentship includes local full-time student ID Card.
7. The audience are required to bring their own 3D glasses for watching 3D movies. 3D glasses can be purchased at Emperor Cinemas concierge.
8. All dangerous or hazardous items or any items that may interfere with other persons’ enjoyment of movies are prohibited in the cinema houses. Emperor Cinemas has the right to deny admission of any person carrying such prohibited items to the cinema houses;
9. Refreshments are available in Emperor Cinemas concession counter. No outside food and drinks are allowed in the cinema houses.
10. Animals, livestock or pets are not allowed in any part of the cinema houses.
Inside Cinemas House
1. Unauthorized photo-taking, audio and/or video recording is strictly forbidden inside the cinema houses. Emperor Cinemas reserves the rights to hand-over the offenders of undertaking the above-mentioned unauthorized activities to and report the case to law-enforcement agencies. Any unauthorized recordings, tapes, films and/or similar items may be confiscated and destroyed.
2. The use of light emitting or ringing device (including but not limited to mobile phones, tablets and laptops) is prohibited during screening.
3. Smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes or any other artificial cigarettes or smoking devices) within the Cinema premises is strictly prohibited.
4. Please do not behave in a manner that adversely impacts the enjoyment of other audiences.
5. Please be responsible for your own personal property. Emperor Cinemas shall not be responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen personal items that are brought into the Cinema.
6. Emperor Cinemas shall not be responsible for any information displayed or disseminated by any third party or for the content of any movie, trailer or advertisement that are shown on the premises.
* Proof of Age includes Malaysia Identity Card and Senior Citizen Card. Proof of Studentship includes local full-time student ID Card.
1. If Emperor Cinemas considers or suspects that you have violated or are about to violate this Terms & Conditions, Emperor Cinemas has the sole discretion to refuse selling tickets to you and/ or deny your admission to or request you to leave the Cinema where appropriate without refund or compensation.
2. In case of any discrepancy or inconsistencies between the English and Chinese versions of this Terms & Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
3. Emperor Cinemas reserves the right to amend and supplement this Terms & Conditions without prior notice.
4. Emperor Cinemas reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in the case of any dispute.
Protecting your privacy
We are dedicated to processing your Data in accordance with the required standards. This includes protecting your privacy and ensuring the security of your Data in compliance with where applicable, the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("the Act") and any other relevant applicable laws and regulations.
Our purposes of processing your Data
In the course of your dealings with us, we will request that you provide data and information about yourself ("Personal Data") to enable us to enter into transaction with you or to deliver the necessary services and/or deliverables in connection with our business. Collection of personal data is relevant in connection with our business process, execution, including delivery of services and/or deliverables and customer relationship management.
We may collect, use and retain the Personal Data for, amongst others, the following purposes:
(collectively, "the Services")
Types of Data we collect
You may be requested to provide Data such as, but not limited to:
Provision of the Data mentioned immediately above is voluntary. However, where the requested Service is a personalised Service or provision of a product is dependent upon your provision of all requested Data, failure to provide the requested Data may prevent us from providing those particular Services to you.
How we collect Data
We collect Data in a number of ways, including but not limited to, from:
Other Privacy Data
To better serve your needs and preferences, our web servers may collect data relating to your website, device or app activity. We may also collect aggregated, anonymous, statistical data on the server's usage so that we may better cater to the behaviour of users of our websites and mobile apps. This type of data may include, but is not limited to:
Our websites are initially set up to accept cookies. You can opt-out of or delete historical cookies by changing the settings on your web browsers; however, if you do so, you may find that certain features on our website and/or our mobile apps do not work properly. (Note: Disabling the cookies function may cause inaccessibility to some parts of our websites and thus, you may not be able to enjoy our Services. If you use different computers in different locations, you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.)
Our legal basis for using your Data including how we transfer your Data
We have a legitimate interest in properly administering the Services. In addition, our use of your Data may be necessary for the performance of the Services that you have requested. In order to provide such requested Services, we may, to the extent permissible under applicable laws and regulations, transfer your Data to organisations or parties outside of the Company but which have a shareholding or contractual relationship with the Company (which may be within or outside of Malaysia) (collectively, "Organisations"). Transfer of Data to these Organisations is strictly limited to the purpose of enabling us to provide our Services to you, but is not applicable to any Organisations which are not owned by the Company or of which its company policies are not controlled by the Company as well as any persons employed or managed by the Company.
In some circumstances as mentioned above, we may need to ask for your consent to use your Data where required by law to do so.
These Organisations provide support services to our businesses and operations including without limitation to the followings:
We take the required steps to ensure that these Organisations are bound by the appropriate confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your Data and that they use your Data for the sole purpose of carrying out the services for which they have been engaged, and not for their own or other purposes (including direct marketing).
In addition, we may transfer your Data:
Direct Promotions and Marketing
Marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (such as in the form of a letter, bill insert/message, email, digital SMS, MMS, instant message, app push notification, by telephone, social media or advertisements on websites or other means).
We will honour each individual's request to not use his/her Data for the purposes of direct marketing. If you do not wish to receive promotional and marketing communications and/or services from the Company's website, you may opt-out from receiving the same by following the unsubscribe process or directions provided in the communication. You may resume receiving the communications and materials (if you have previously opted-out of receiving such material and/or communications from the relevant Services) by making a written request to our Data Protection Officer together with your registered name and service account number, registered telephone number or login name (as applicable).
Transfer of Data outside Malaysia
At times it may be necessary and/or prudent for us to transfer your Data to places outside of Malaysia, for instance, for the prevention, detection or investigation of crime or for storage, processing and other purposes for which the Data were collected. In the event that we do transfer your Data outside of Malaysia, we will do so in compliance with the prevailing requirements of the Act and any other relevant applicable laws and regulations.
The safety of your Data is important to us
When we transfer your Data to third party Organisations, we ensure that they have adequate, if not the same level of, security measures (described above), in place to keep your Data safe in compliance with the Act and any other applicable laws and regulations in relation to data protection. Some of the entities or persons we share your Data with may process your Data overseas. You may contact us for more information about the safeguards in place to ensure that your Data is adequately protected in these circumstances.
Retention of your Data
We will retain your Data in accordance with our internal policies. Our policies are in compliance with the Ordinance and the GDPR where applicable, and cover the following principles:
(a) The membership information you provided for registration, with personal identifiable data and/or any copies thereof will be deleted and/or destroyed within 6 years after receipt. Credit card information will be destroyed within 6 months after payment process. If you desire to delete your personal data from our members’ and/or contact databases after the expiration of membership, please let us know;
(b) Other data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfil the original or directly related purposes for which it was collected, unless the data is also retained to satisfy any applicable legal, regulatory or contractual obligations; and
(c) The Data is purged from our electronic, manual and other filing systems based on the above criteria and our internal procedures.
Your right to access, correct and delete Data
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the Data we collect, use and transfer is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that Data depends to a large extent on the Data you provide. You have a right to request access to, and correction of, your Data and we recommend that you:
(a) Notify us if there are any errors in your Data; and
(b) Update us with any changes to your Data.
If you wish to access or amend any of your Data we hold, or request that we delete any of your information that is no longer necessary for the provision of our Services, you may contact us in the manner as set forth under the "Contact Us" section.This service is free of charge.
You may exercise your right of access and correction by writing to our Data Protection Officer at the details stated in the “Contact us” section below. This service is free of charge.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct the Data, we reserve our rights to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your personal data for reasons permitted under the law. In such instance, we will notify you of the reasons.
You may decline to share Data with us and/or withdraw any consent which you may have provided, in which case, we may not be able to provide you with some of the Services.
At any time, you may object to us holding or processing your Data, on legitimate grounds, save and except as otherwise permitted by the applicable law.
Unless specifically required or requested by us, please do not send or publish any sensitive personal data (e.g. contents in relations to race, political views, religious or other beliefs, health record, criminal record or chamber membership, etc.) to us or through our websites or mobile applications. If we specifically require or request your provision of sensitive personal data, we must obtain your prior express consent.
Emperor Cinemas Limited
20/F, Emperor Group Centre, 288 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Attention: Data Protection Officer
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To raise an issue regarding our handling of your Data, please contact us in order for us to assist in resolving your issue.